Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 Resistor & 2 resistor connect in series problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankeong

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have facing a resistor problem, please help me.

I have 1 board connect the resistor 200ohm 2W to between rectifier gound & signal gound. I found that the resistor open. But I have another board the resistor 200ohm 2W change to 2X resistor 100ohm 1W connect in series no found this issue.

I want to know that,
connet 1 resistor 200ohm 2W & 2 resistor 100ohm 1W in series, have any difference. Now I cannot found the problem why 1 resistor & 2 resistor in series have defference result.

Anyone can give me any idea or explain for this 2 type connection any differnce.

Thanks a lot.
Chng

The resistance in series adds so 100+100=200ohm
Also the voltage on two same resistors is half of the total voltage while the current is common for both,
that is why every resistor will only have to be able to work with half the power consumption compared to the one resistor solution.

I don't have an answer to why 1x2w resistor would fail and 2x1w would be ok ,
maybe they are different type resistors, i really don't know.
On the other hand you talk about a resistor that connects the two grounds,
the current between the two grounds shouldn't be anywhere close to that i think to be able to damage a 2w resistor (0.1A for 2W into 200 ohm) .

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.