Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0001h error while trying to program PIC16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanir

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
error programming pic16f877

Hello all, I'm having a problem that is stalling my project's progress.

I'm trying to program my PIC using JDM's schematics [designed it with prototype board] with ICPROG software but when I try to program, it says "error 0001h".

Any ideas?

Here's what I thought might be the problem.

1. I'm using a serial port to my PC and a Yamaha CBX driver, I've installed it but how do I check that my PC is already connected to JDM's programmer?

2. Maybe my connections are wrong on the prototype board but I've done it twice and this time as slow as it goes to ensure everything goes the way it is done.

3. PIC wacked? For me, it's highly unlikely as it's still 2 days old.

Help. :|

Added after 36 minutes:

Also, even when my JDM circuit is not connected to my PC, it still gives the same error.

Added after 39 minutes:

I think now I'm convinced that my computer is not receiving any output. How do I check if my circuit is correct? Anyone used/installed Yamaha CBX driver?

ic prog 0001h error

i have earlier worked on pic but on a different compiler and kit not that u have mentioned but by what u say there can possibilites like this

1)close all other serial port operations and restart ur pic and do the programming things .

2)the other is check the status of booting pins whether they in correct position or not when the device is getting booted connections to ground and vdd.
One thing is sure ur pic wont get damaged to check it
1)check connectivity between 11 and 32 and 12 and 31 ie common vdd ,common vss in 16f877 11 is interconnected to 32 and 12 with 31 if i m not wrong
2)if u have an CRO c the output of crystal osc pins of pic it should give the req frq output u have given in crystal oscillator.

Added after 1 minutes:

i have earlier worked on pic but on a different compiler and kit not that u have mentioned but by what u say there can possibilites like this

1)close all other serial port operations and restart ur pic and do the programming things .

2)the other is check the status of booting pins whether they in correct position or not when the device is getting booted connections to ground and vdd.
One thing is sure ur pic wont get damaged to check it
1)check connectivity between 11 and 32 and 12 and 31 ie common vdd ,common vss in 16f877 11 is interconnected to 32 and 12 with 31 if i m not wrong
2)if u have an CRO c the output of crystal osc pins of pic it should give the req frq output u have given in crystal oscillator.

error 0001h en icprog

Done that but it gives me 0001h error again. :|

program with tht error

Hai,

Scan you computer for viruses because the communications can be affected by some viruses.
I am not saying this is a reason but you can try it.

Regards
Gopi

0001h

Yeap, tried them. The problem is that my PC is not detecting any inputs from my circuit and I've checked it gazillion times.

Help.. :cry:

Btw, is it better to build JDM on a PCB/Stripboard or an Breadboard?

i hav faced tht error many times n i can solve it by check whether u hav plug the chip upside down or most of the time... i reprogram it and it work...

regards,
sp

hi guys,

If you have use macro such as "#define XX 0x0001",the compiler may say "0001h error" when the statements which use XX is error.

Status
Not open for further replies.