Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0 - 10V from a 0 - 5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigillo74

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
0 to 10v from 0 to 5 volt design

Hi guys,
i need a circuit that can supply a voltage of 0-10V proportionally to input vltage 0-5V (like x2 multiplier) with maximum linearity at ratings of 50-100mA.
Can someone can help me?
Maybe OP-AMP are suitable for this operation?
Thanks.
Luigi.

from 0..5v to 0..10v

Gigillo74 said:
Maybe OP-AMP are suitable for this operation?
Yes. A non-inverting amplifier that multipe input voltage by 2 should be a good choice.

The two resistors values in atached chematic should be equal. Then it multiple by two.

design 10v to 5v

Thanl you very much.
It seems like i'm looking for!
But only one thing:
how i can use this for higher current like 100mA?
Thank You.
Luigi.

0...10v

Gigillo74 said:
Thanl you very much.
It seems like i'm looking for!
But only one thing:
how i can use this for higher current like 100mA?
Thank You.
Luigi.
One common way is to add a simple current amplifier on the opamps output. Together with the opamp, you can reat it as a whole as a opamp that is capable to provide more current. Notice that the fedback is taken from the output of the transistor bridge, and not the opamp itself.

0-10v opamp

I also recommend to use rail-to-rail op amp like mcp601. But it's ouptut is Vss + 10 mV to Vdd - 10mV.

multiple 0-10v dc circuit

One common way is to add a simple current amplifier on the opamps output.

... or you can use a 50mA capable Op Amp like the Analog Devices' AD817. 50mA output is minimum. It can do more. Careful with the power dissipation though.

opamp 0-10v 5v

Thank you for all reply and suggest.
I think the solution with ad817 is better than two transistor for circuit simplification.
Thank you againg.
Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back