Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salvaged cellfone li-ion bats into battery pack 4 bot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydag71

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to finish a small bot- it runs a 5 V micro and 5V motors through a driver IC. Various sensors etc, typical bot stuff. I want to use some salvaged lithium ion batteries from cell fones, my problem is that only two match and I need three to make up the pack! I am wondering about mixing batteries- I can use the two matching ones but wonder if there will be problems with using one that doesn't match up? I do not know much about lithium batteries and have not used them in the past.

I am also seeking info about a charging circuit if I am able to use the pack as I want to configure it? I have looked for some designs online but only found ones for single cell charging- I would like to be able to charge the three wired up packs in the bot without having to untie from the PCB's holding the main circuits- there is not much space at all to use for this- the bot is pretty small similar to a micro sumo I guess.

The only alternative I can think of for my skill level right now would be to use a dedicated charger IC- but do not know of any off hand for charging multiple cells at once- and it would need to be a free sample cause I'm just busted right now!

Any ideas- thanks in advance- gotta get this one wrapped up post haste!

Message is unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.