Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

standard cell library achitecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

crius

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Recently I encounter the following problem when I want to design a standard libray under submicron SOI technology.
as follow
1 How to ascertain unit drive strenth ,such as INVX1?
2 How to acquire the P/N width ratio of INVX1?Addtionally,What's the difference between the ratio of CLK buffer and that of Ordinary buffer?
3 In order to characterization a library ,how to stucture a set of operating point involving input skew and output load?

Thanks a lot!

1. X1 is when minimum length/minimum width nmos transistors are used in the gates?
2. The difference between CLKBUF and BUF is that CLKBUF is designed with a lot more care payed to matching rise/fall delays through the cell.
3. You pick a maximum load used in your design and maximum allowed slew. Then evenly space out N (mostly 4-6) characterization points between 0load/slew and max load/slew.

Thanks!
1 X1 should be the minimum driven strength in the library,except the mininmum input capacitance cell which need to consider low power XL.

2 I wonder ordinary BUF how to ascertain the P/N width ratio,please show me your view,thank you

3 Similary,I wonder how to get the N points?addtionly please.

hi, eternal_nan, perhaps evenly space out N (mostly 4-6) characterization points between 0load/slew and max load/slew is not correct.

Perhaps it is not, that was my understanding but standard cell characterization is slightly outside of my area of expertise.

Can you elaborate a bit on the correct answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back