Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me make a moving sign display controlled by a remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_monica

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
display

hello how is every body
is there anyone who can help me make a moving sign display i want to enter the message from the remote control .
i have seen one which can store charcters upto 4000 .one thing i am sure about is that it doesnt uses any kind of ram beacuse you dont lose use ur message even when u have turned off the display for a few days ,what storage element did they use ?
i want to make one 8 leds high approx 50 led wide display i have successfully decoded a sony remote control with 8051
thanks

Re: display

search the forum for "moving message" you will find ton's of stuff

You need two basic modules for this.
One: A driver circuit to drive the LEDs,
Two: Your software program loaded in a microcontroller.

As you said about the storage capacity, then you need to have an external memory. But since you want it to be lasting, one idea i would suggest is E2PROM.
Have a read write circuit that can be toggled with a control bit. Then you can write your message into the E2PROM and then take it out using the READ mode.

If you cant find materials related to this but you like this idea kindly reply. (Any way I have to google search only)

Nuts & Volts Magazine had an article about this in Sept issue

**broken link removed**

display

Hello Monica , i am also interested in the same design and working on that using pic microcontroller. when ever i will get some information regarding our project i will share it with you. keep checking this topic and keep this topic alive by share what u are doing for this display.

so nice of you dear
i dont think is a very difficult thing but i am feeling very helpless
i am thinking of using the led matries available
how many pins will there be for a 8*8 matrix

Hi,
One method is to use 16 lines (8 positive and 8 common lines to form 64 intersections)
Then you can drive it columnwise or row wise in a continuous loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back