Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to reduce the EMI at IC design level ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutaoreal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
who knows how to reduce the EMI at IC design level , especially in digital design,and not at board level ? how to reduce EMI in circuit design?
thanks.

hutaoreal said:
who knows how to reduce the EMI at IC design level , especially in digital design,and not at board level ? how to reduce EMI in circuit design?
thanks.

you can use top and bottom layers as ground layer.

Improper routing has problems in EMI.

BasePointer said:
hutaoreal said:
thanks.

you can use top and bottom layers as ground layer.

It's not the best thing sometimes. By doing that in an IC, you will increase the capacitance to GND related to all the nodes..that means bigger delays and maybe need for bigger/more powerful digital cells

Hutaoreal...can you be more explicit about what kind of circuit you have in mind?

What I know is we usually reduce EMI on board. Maybe it is the main solution we have. Also we have some technic on layout design to reduce it and SSCG is a normal way in high speed design. But I want to know some technics on logic design that also can works on it except what I mention above.
I conclude SSCG in analog circuit, but what is the solution in digital circuit design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back