Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Missing code on flash adc

Status
Not open for further replies.

akbarza

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i could design a 3-bit flash adc.
but there was a problem about its output plot. it was related to absence of 00 , 01 codes. it appears that the whole plot was shifted to left. i would like to know what the reason of problem is. Is it related to comparator design or the offset of comparator or pre-amplifier?
In addition, considering that a pre-amplifier compares the input voltage with a special voltage obtained from resistive ladder, I would like to know whether the design of pre-amplifiers is different from each other?/every pre-amplifier is different from another one?
thanks

Hi,

are you aware that we can´t see what you have designed?

Klaus

thanks for your answer KlausST, PLEASE ANSWER TO THIS SECTION:
considering that a pre-amplifier compares the input voltage with a special voltage obtained from resistive ladder, I would like to know whether the design of pre-amplifiers is different from each other?/every pre-amplifier is different from another one?
thanks

Probably because it's more difficult and area-costly to
use a single, rail-rail, preamp to cover positions both
close to Vss and close to Vdd. Expect the preamps may
be making up for comparator common mode input range
limitations or something. Since we're speculating without
useful input other than "Wahhh!, do my thinking for me".

Status
Not open for further replies.