Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC to DC converter 24V to 400V max20W

Status
Not open for further replies.

berger.h

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need convert DC 24V on DC 400V for charging capacitor, max output power 20W with duty cycle 15% or low.

You can recommend some proven and dimensionally small design?
Ideally with description of transformer design or full example design or app note.

Thanks you

You have no given any specifications. You said 20W. What is the output voltage?

you are boosing from 24V to 400V?
You dont need isolation?
If so, then cascaded boost is good for you.
I now go to find it in my files.
As below attached

This sounds like a xenon flash tube power supply?

Attachments

• Cascaded Boost.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 91

It should be possible to do a real cheap flyback solution, driving it from a NE555 chip with some means of maximum voltage shut-off. The OP has not provided more details, but I don't see that it requires very tight output voltage regulation.

The EFD cores are very cheap and can be ordered pre-gapped. The IRF7495 is about $1 US. One will still have to be careful with winding the transformer using sandwiched layers for good coupling to keep the leakage inductance under control.

Attachments

• boost_24_400.png
    boost_24_400.png
    62 KB · Views: 146

Here is a possible way this idea may be implemented. The 555 frequency should be set very close to 100 kHz and 50% duty cycle. The frequency can be adjusted by trimming R12.

The 100 n capacitor across the output is just to speed up simulation time. In practice, this will be a larger value.

Attachments

• boost_24_400_cir.png
    boost_24_400_cir.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 137

Status
Not open for further replies.