Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unencryption of encrypted veriloga code in Cadence Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancho_hideboo

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I can encrypt the "mymodule.va" file and create a new encrypted file called "mymodule.va.vap" in Cadence Tools by the following.

Code:
unix> ncprotect -extension vap -language vlog -autoprotect mymodule.va

I have a question.
How to unencrypt this "mymodule.va.vap" ?

Isn't the point of encrypting IP is to keep others from unencrypting it (i.e. steal your work)?

AFAIK this isn't something that is supported by any vendor as it expressly defeats the entire reason for encrypting code.

Isn't the point of encrypting IP is to keep others from unencrypting it (i.e. steal your work)?
No, I will not unencrypt code which others make.

Simply I want to confirm what verision of my codes is encrypted.
Encrypted code and Original code can be different since I update Original code occasionally.

Just encode the new version, and diff the 2 encoded files

No, I will not unencrypt code which others make.

Encrypted code and Original code can be different since I update Original code occasionally.

This seems more of a problem with how you handle versioning of your code. Alternatives could simply be:
  • Version information added to the name of the component/module/file.
  • Add the encrypted version to source control (label, tag, etc your releases)
  • Add a version output to the code, and never hook it up, so it gets removed.
I've usually seen the first being used, as the IP usually is instantiated in a wrapper so your design doesn't see an updated name every time you upgrade the IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back