Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Noise on gate emitter voltage of igbt

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeedmns68

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im making a half bridge 300v 14khz square wave power supply by using two ultra fast IGBTs and a IR2153 gate driver,when the power part of the circuit is inacvtive(Vcc=0 V) the gate-emitter waveform on high side IGBT is good with peak to peak voltage of VGE=11200mV , but when the power is activated and no load is at the output of the circuit(IC=0) the waveform will contain high frequency noise with 7000mV mixed with original waveform 20160307_232622.jpgView attachment VGE HI BEFORE CONNECTING POWER VPP=11.3V.bmp peak to peak ,the power supply of high and low side VGE is two isolated L7812CV output,what can be wrong in my circuit?pls help me
the schematic of the circuit and os screenshots are attached to the message

Attachments

• VGE HIGH AFTER CONNECTING POWER VPP=18.5.bmp
    764.6 KB · Views: 94

How are the gate wired laid, can you twist gate and emitter together and shorten the length between gate driver and IGBT gate terminal or can directly mount on IGBT terminals if possible.
Is there any capacitor between gate and emitter,or Rg very large.Also there seems one notch while the voltage is rising below the full gate drive voltage. To me it seems the stray inductance ringing with gate capacitance.
You need to re-design Rg value considering oscillation damping.

Status
Not open for further replies.