Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] for simple capacitors, are the footprints for same sizes equal regardless of model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwagjj

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to add a footprint for a capacitor I found(AVX - ML03V11R0AAT2A). The manufacturer is a company called AVX.

The chip size is 0603(inch).

But I cannot find the footprint for this capacitor in the AVX capacitor library provided by element14.com
(https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-64299/l/avx-cad-library-for-cadsoft-eagle-software)

But in the model list of this library, there are other 0603 sized capacitors..

So I was wondering if the sizes are the same, but the capcitors are different, I can use the footprint of another 0603 capacitor since all I need is the footprint.

Could this method be hazardous?

Hi,

usually you can use the same = 0603 package for all 0603 devices.

But some need special packages:
* diodes
* wave soldering reflow soldering
* high or low power dissipation to pcb

for standard capacitors (and resistors ...) i always use the same package.

Klaus

Reactions: kwagjj

kwagjj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
In IPC-7351, board density levels A-C (maximum, nominal, least) have been defined, resulting in different land pattern dimensions. PCB foorprint libraries should refer to this density levels, see e.g. Altium Designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back