Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to produce a PCELL, not modify the tech file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyankh

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to product a PCELL?

Hi all

I meet a big problem about PCELL of SMIC018 library,some layout of PCELL can not be opened,the foundry told us that the version of virtuoso is too old,so we need to make it by ourselves.The point is that none of us knows how to make one PCELL(not modify the tech file).Anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance

flyankh

How to product a PCELL?

Simple PCELL can be created by PCELL tools in virtuoso. Choose menu 'Tools/PCell' in layout editor widow. A menu named 'PCell' will be added to the menu bar. You may refer to the openbook for PCells. Run command:
openbook pcellref-2
in shell command. This will directly go to the pcell reference document.

flyankh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: How to product a PCELL?

i had face same problem .....easier way up grade the virtuoso you can solve the problem if not you have to create you own pcell in virtuoso . please do refer their documentation in help .......hope this will help you.

flyankh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back