Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature compensation for MOSFET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanth1986

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm trying to temperature-compensate the impedance of a MOSFET (That is, trying to make Idrive constant irrespective of temperature variation) and am looking for simple ideas for it. Anything?

If needed, it can be assumed that there is a temperature independent reference voltage.

--
Thanks!

I'm thinking two thermistor potential dividers?

One sensing the MOSFET temperature and the other a reference. You could feed these into an Op-Amp comparator and then drive the gate of your MOSFET from the output of the Op-Amp.

Last edited:

That's a nice idea Pha5e. May be I can start working on that line.

The problem is that it needs to be a completely on-die solution without external components. Moreover, the circuit needs to be replicated at a number of places and hence needs to be as small as possible. Oh, the tyranny of IC design!

I was thinking if we could use the temperature dependence of Vt in some way.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.