Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design Branch Line coupler using coupled line instead of microstrip line

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadubhai

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to design Rat Race Coupler using coupled line in Agilent ADS 2009

Hi,
I have to design a traditional rat race coupler for (1.7 GHz-2.7 GHz) band using coupled line instead of the microstrip transmission line in Agilent ADS2009. Can any one suggest me, how should I start my work. I don't have any idea on that. It will be a great help for me. Thank You.

Last edited:

In a Rat-Race coupler to reduce the length of the 3λ/4 transmission line, this line can be replaced with a λ/4 coupled line.
But this results in a very low distance between coupled lines (due to the large even/odd mode impedance ratio).

In a Rat-Race coupler to reduce the length of the 3λ/4 transmission line, this line can be replaced with a λ/4 coupled line.
But this results in a very low distance between coupled lines (due to the large even/odd mode impedance ratio).

Hi vfone,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. But I would like to know how can I replace the microstrip transmission line with the coupled line? Can you please help me with any tutorial. So, that I can work with it. I am looking forward from you. Thank You.

See the attached picture how to replace a 3λ/4 with a λ/4 coupled line.
The picture is just informative, may need different microstrip T-junctions, or TL widths.

92_1301046751.jpg

Hi Vfone,

I need to know more detail about the conversion of coupled line from microstrip line. Can you please provide me, the schematic & detail calculation for the whole process. Thank You.

"A picture is worth a thousand words"
You got the idea, you got the picture, you can start doing the homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back