Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent: Divide an 8 bit input with a value without clock in verilog!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xman24

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..

I am using a divider block in which I dont have a clock. I need to divide the input which s 8 bit, with a value (say 8 ). so that the output of my divider will be divide by value(say 8 (value will be multiples of 2)) output.
I thought of a right shifter (for divide by 8, I will shift right 3 times) , and I implemented a 8 bit Barrell Shifter. But its giving rotate right shift :-(
if my input is 80(8 bit input) then after dividing value say 8 now, then output should be 8 which is a 8 bit value..
Please help.

For "multiples of 2". It will be 1/2/4/8/16/32 (case 1) .. or 2/4/6/8/10/12(case 2).
For case 1: you can just write a case statement is ok: the code will just have 8 or 9 lines.
casez(dividen[7:0] or divide[7:0])
8'b1zzz_zzzz: ouput = {7'h0, divide[7]};
8'b01zz_zzzz: output = {6'h0, divide[7:6]};
8'b0000_0001: output = divide[7:0]};
8'b0000_0000: this will be a error case
encase

For case 2: you really need a combination logic of a divider. YOu can call DesignWare IP or you can reference your FPGA tools.

Hey Thanks. Actually I need a divider block (without clock) which will divide the input ( 8 bit ) with divide value 320 and gives a output (8 bit). Please help.. Its urgent...

I don't know if 320 is a decimal or hex, but in either way, you don't need a divider block if dividing 8 bit data by 320 is what you are looking for, because the quotient is always 0, isn't it ?
Or are you expecting 8 bit output to be lesser than 1 ?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back