Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

'number of turns/diameter of wire used' from Known resistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For a telephone line audio isolation transformer 600Ohm/600Ohm of 1:1 type, how can I Calculate the 'number of turns/diameter of wire used' from known resistance of 600Ohm ?

Pls give me a final accurate value.The link http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Workshop/advice/coils/index.html didn't guide me to a final value.

Someone suggested me to use OEP1200 1:1 600 Ohm. But it is not avail in Kerala,India. Single quantity online ordering is also not possible. So I finally decided to make a custom transformer.Pls help me to make it.
Pls find the attachment to see its correct use.

Re: 'number of turns/diameter of wire used' from Known resis

how can I Calculate the 'number of turns/diameter of wire used' from known resistance of 600Ohm
600 ohm isn't a resistance, it's the nominal source/load impedance. You can consult the OEP1200 datasheet about meaningful
parameters of a isolation signal transformer.

The link ... didn't guide me to a final value
The link is not dealing with transformer design at all.

So I finally decided to make a custom transformer.
You also should have a clue how to handle it.

I guess, your design can work with nearly any small transformer that has an about 1:1 windings ratio and a usable
frequency range of 300 to 2000 Hz when it's operated open circuit (without a load).

Status
Not open for further replies.