Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Camera link interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronos04

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
abstract on camera link camera interface

Hello,

I've implemented a camera link deserializer interface based on a virtex 4 FPGA (using ML402 development board). I'm using the LVDS 2.5 V inputs of the board and a cable with one end open.

The module works fine when i use a short cable. However, my application needs to use a long cable (with a discontinuity) which doesn't work so fine. The thing is that I guess there is a match problem in the board reception side, because when i represent the eye diagram of the incoming signals (once it's converted to LVTTL) and the long cable is used, it's really bad.

I know that it is possible to use this long cable because it works with a generic frame grabber.
I've tried using the DCI (Digital Control impedance) of the FPGA, LVDS_EXT standard... but i don't reach a solution...

If someone could have some experience in this field...

Thank very much in advace !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back