Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA High Performance Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsan_iut

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a high performance FPGA board that is based on Virtex-4 or Virtex-5 FPGAs. The budget is of no matter.
Below are the desired specifications:
1-The maximum capacity in terms of logic cells.
2- Easily be used with xilinx tools such as EDK and System-Gen. If some tutorials and reference designs are available (free or not), it will be the best.
3- The peripherals needed are: PCI and DDR memory. Others such as ethernet, ADC, ... are not essential.
4- The board is going to be used in different projects mainly for implementing communication algorithms and DSP.

If u have any suggestions or experiences, kindly advise me on this matter. I want to make a good choice.

Hi,

Usually both xilinx and altera have pretty cheap development boards whci can cover your requirements.

If you need more professional boards you can look at plda, nallatech, echotek, sundance, lyrtech or echotek products.

Regards,
CS

Hi,

Don't forget to look at the board list at fpga-faq.com!

Also ask your local distributors what they would recommend for your application.

We recently bought a large FPGA system for system prototyping. Some of the systems we considered that circuit_seller didn't mention were Annapolis Wildstar, Synplicity HAPS and Prodesign Chipit.

Our needs were slightly different (didn't need PCI). We ended up with the Prodesign system as we got twice the number of FPGAs as the Synplicity system for a similar price (Annapolis was also competitive: slightly less FPGA but more sophisticated rapid-development software). Prodesign's after-sales support is really excellent (much better than Synopsys for our eda tools!). They have a PCIE expansion board available.

The other I would recommend to look at is Annapolis. We very nearly purchased from them. Their system comes on a PCI card and has a much more extensive software package then Prodesign (e.g. can use it directly from Simulink). Lyrtech is similar in some ways, but also include DSP on board.

Hope it helps!
Sph3r3

Status
Not open for further replies.