Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do a corner analysis over parameter analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian18

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
paramanalysis ocean values from file

Hi, there:
I try to run Corner analysis over parameter analysis like this

loadPcf("xxxxx.pcf")
parameterAnalysis("id" ?values '(90u 100u 110u))
cornerRun()
cornerMeas()

but the results have no parameter result. only corner simulation result.

How to do a corner analysis over parameter analysis?

Thanks

corner and script

This jumble won't work. If u interested in corner like outputs u may add "id" variable in "xxx.pcf" and "xxx.dcf" and do pure corner simulation.
Another way is do all (corner and parametric simulation) through loop statements, simple "run()" per one loop. But this way requeres some programming.

Hi DenisMark
can u show me some SKILL script?
I think I have done something dumb as shown below
foreach(device '("tt" "ss" "ff")
foreach(element '("typ" "min" "max")
modelFile(
'("/xx/xx/1.scs" sprintf(nil "%s" device))
'("/xx/xx/2.scs" sprintf(nil "%s" element))
)
paramAnalysis("id" ?values '(90u 100u 110u)
paramAnalysis("vd" ?values '(1.62u 1.8u)))
paramRun()
)
)

which does not work, seems that foreach statement can not be nested and the sprintf can not give the model file a right section definition.

so can you upload some tested script to do all that job? It is such a tedious work to manually write down several hundreds corners statement in a pcf file.

Thanks

U have mistake, correct like this:
modelFile(
list("/xx/xx/1.scs" sprintf(nil "%s" device)
list("/xx/xx/2.scs" sprintf(nil "%s" element))
)

Param analysis u can change to using "for" statements in same maner.

" It is such a tedious work to manually write down several hundreds corners statement in a pcf file" I agree completely. There are an idea to write wrap OCEAN code and use it for all. After some modification of ADE generated OCEAN script one can use this wrap script.
I've done such script as mentioned about two years ago. At this time I learned SKILL programming. But i'm steadily going to remake this wrap script because it's imperfect. The main idea is using external files with custom format for process and corner description. So u can have a number of corner variables how u like without changing wrap script.

Julian18

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back