Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xilinx bit files - some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomby

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx prom + xcs file

Can anyone tell me whether the bit files ise generates for the different modes(i.e. master/slave serial etc. and jtag) is always the same? If it is the same then only the mode pins tell what mode is actually to be used to program the fpga? What if jtag is avaible for all the mode selections such as in spartan xcs chips? Thanks

xilinx bitfile jtag.clk to cclk

I dont think they are the same. Just guess!
Hope anybody can confirm it!

Re: xilinx bit files

I know for sure that if you connect a JTAG port and try to download a BIT file with it, it will override any of the programming mode selected by the mode pin.

For the difference between the two BIT files....There's a difference between the two of them...and I think it's only one bit in the BIT file (but i'm not so sure about that).

Ktuluboy

Oh yeah... I don't remember with Xilinx ISE 4.2...but i know that witht XIlinx ISE 5.1, when you try to program a bit file via JTAG that has been generated to start with the CCLK set as it's starting clock, the software will warn you about it (and i think it ask you to modify the bit file to use the proper starting clock).

ktuluboy

The only difference is for the device or for the architecture, ex prom serial or parallel.
Bye.
G.

For the same design you may have different configuration commands (incl. parameters) in the bitstream. For example, you can specify either using Jtag clock or CCLK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back