Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design an amplifier using ATF-36163 in Ansoft Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliemansur

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there!

I need to design an amplifier using ATF-36163 transistor. I also have to use Ansoft Design (I have not really get the hand of using this yet).

The amplifier is to operate at 5Ghz (that's the only requirement in terms of variables). I already have the S parameters in hand. However, I am quite lost on how to start. I have looked at the Gonzalez book as well.

Among the first step that I am required to do is to have one attenuator at the output to stabilize the amplifier. Therefore I have to determine the required gain and matching resistor of th attenuator.

From the Gonzalez book, I understood that using the S-parameters at 5Ghz, I should calculate the stability circle to ensure that it lies outside the smith chart. And I should follow this with calculating the Rollet's stability factor.

Am I on the right track?

Thank you

Re: ATF-36163

Hi,
I am also doing this same design task. Could you please help me to proceed with this if you have done this successfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back