Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can we define infinite ground plane in Ansoft HFSS 9.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss infinite ground plane

How can we define infinite ground plane in Ansoft HFSS 9.2? Can it be possible to define in HFSS since it based on Finite element method ....I think in solver which are based on MOM (mehod of Moments) it can be defined.

infinite ground plane hfss

I'm not sure that the featrue is present also on HFSS 9.2, but I think so. Anyway, in HFSS 10 you can set the boundary condition you desire, bu checking the box "infinte ground plane" you find in the bounday condition form.

So, select the outern boundary surface you want to apply the infinite ground plane condition and assign a perfectE condition by chosing the relative option in the rigth-click menu. In the PerfectE form you should find in the lower part, the checkbox "infinite ground plane". Check it and HFSS will consider it as an infinite ground plane.

If the checkbox is not present I guess that the feature has been release on later version of HFSS than 9.2

Bye.

infinite space

Check option is also available in HFSS 9.2 version but as soon as I click that option that's gives error:
The selection must touch the background when 'Infinite ground plane' is checked.

What does it (HFSS) means for the selection must touch background ?

hfss ground

Clearly, the infinite ground plane must be a surface bounding your simulation volume. I mean that the chosen surface cannot be inside your model, but it has to be a boundary surface of the model. In this sense, the surface has to touch the background. For background HFSS means the space outside your model volume.

infinite ground planes hfss

Could you please tell how in HFSS we can define background ground plane? I am attaching my HFSS file.

I'm having the same problem now. The notification: is "The selection must touch the background when 'Infinite Ground Plane' is checked ". I'm trying, but can't solve it. Please help me.

Hi popsy

When you want to assign a boundary condition to any surface it must be planar
i try your model on HFSS ver.11 and the error was "The selection must be planar" that mean you should make the ground palne sheet(Rectangular).

as you make the ground palne copper as you made you do not need to define a boundary condition.

i made this and run your model now

M.Hassanien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back