Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to prepare for backend job interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asicengineer1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i'm appearing for a backend interview (semicustom flow) as a fresher soon. apart from basic cmos and design flow, is there anything else which i need to prepare ? please help me out.

Thanks.

Re: backend interview

Hey

I had backend interviews a few months ago in 4 companies. Most questions were abut past experience in previous jobs. Since I worked in backend before i was asked to describe the full backend flow including ideas on solving various problems that can occur along the way.

I was also given a few questions about timing, clock skews and clock jitters. For example I was shown a circuit with many cells and a clock network and was asked to tell which timing path is critical for hold or setup.

You might be asked regular logic design questions if you have no prior relevant experience. Or even regular stupid riddles (which I hate). You can try this site for more general examples:
https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/riddles/intro.shtml

Good luck!
Mikkie

backend interview

any cmos based questions were asked ? about channel length modulation, logical effort of network of gates(if thats applicable), things like that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back