Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ldo transient response

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekha410

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am designing capacitorless ldo ,i/p is 2v and o/p is 1.8v......getting good stability.But for transient response when i am applying 0 to 50m current step,o/p voltage is getting reduced to almost zero when current is changing from 50m to 0m.why this much spikevoltage is appering.please help me....

how much the on-chip capacitor at the output ? < 100 pF ?
how is the current ramp ? what is pulse width ?

without any details, it is hard to help. The only thing I can see you have to speed up you feedback loop as much as you can.

on chip cap=100pico farad,Resr=0 ohms.current pulse width=50u,rise time=1pico sec,fall time=1ps,current 0 t0 50ma.GBW=1Mhz,phase margin=81db.drop out voltage=200mv,supply voltage 1.8v.

What is the LDO short circuit current and if you give a long pulse does the LDO eventually come back to regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.