Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microwave PIN and schottky diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

khouly

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to buy some PIN and Schottky diode operates in C band up to 8 Ghz ,
i have check avago but the diodes are very expensive

is there any anothers in the market

thanks in advance

Khouly

Hi

You can check out Microsemi or Skyworks

Regards

khouly

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
M/A-COM also produce PIN diode. However at this so high frequency band, I wonder the die is your only choice and it couldn't be cheap.

actually i don't have facilties to solder the die or wire bond it , but i need a packaged diode to be able to use it

i will them in Mixer, power detector applications in this band

Khouly

For the mixer see Infineon's BAT14 and BAT15 series.

khouly

great rfmw ,
i have seen the diodes , and got the spice modes for the website , but i don't know in which format
do u know ? , or did u use the nonlinear models for these diodes before

khouly

Infineon doesn't provide ready-to-use spice models. They provide chip SPICE model and package model separately. You have to manually join the models together in a single model for the device.

But the Ansoft designer already has the model ready to go and ADS should have it too no?

I haven't tried the BAT14 or BAT15 series models myself, but many others. You just have to be careful joining the package and chip model together to make a sub_ckt...

Hope you have success with it.

khouly

yeah i have noticed that they provide them separatly , i will try yo join them , and regerated the data and compare it with S paramters

Khouly

Exactly so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back