Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question About Motherboard Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mansour_M

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone!

I want to know how a motherboard (mainboard) is designed. Do the Designers analyse it according to Electronic methods or according to Electromagnetic Field and Wave method?

Thanks!

hi!

i am not very sure. but one thing i know is they design it according to timing. like your cpu has a different speed than your memory so the chipset needs to handle timings and all. of course there are electromagnetic concerns. noise is also a factor. digital circuits are very high frequency circuits.

i can recommend a book reading books on high speed digital design.

- al

Hi!
Motherboard is a very complex thing, there is division of labor to design it. People expert in EM & Circuits design tools(read software) which help designers design these boards. Note that Motherboard will be designed by a few people not one person. One person may design the power supply(example) other some other section etc., That too people who design power supply use IC's which is far easier to design than discrete parts. The stories is quite long but this should give you an idea.

What do you mean by using electromagnetics in designing motherboards..

Status
Not open for further replies.