Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrical Equipment Remote Monitoring via Eth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I’d like to monitor some electrical equipment such as motors, pumps,..
As show in the fig, I want to have ONE box (sensor/meter) which reads the voltage/current of the electrical devices voltage (110/220v) and current. And at the same time, it can present the reading through its own Ethernet port (not a serial). I expect to have software installed in my PC that can communicate with meter and show all reading.

If u know any product that function as the described device let me know..

Thanks...

Sam!

You can take a small uC with ethernet connection.

Take a look at:
**broken link removed**

by,
cube007

You might want to look at LabView. They are industry leaders in automation,
data aquisition , and system monitoring and control. All of the things you
are looking for they can do.
Hope this helps
Cheers

Agilent have multychannel modular expansible volt/amper freq. meters
with Ethernet out. And not as expesnive as a rule (from Agilent)

Dallas or Maxim

Hi,

Dallas Semiconductor, now Maxim, produces an 8051 based processor with a TCP/IP stack, java runtime enviroment etc.. I am not sure exactly what is the name of the processor,I think 89C400, but I know that the evaluation module is called TINIm and TINIs. You can implement a http server, ftp server, work with sockets etc... As I understood you have to work in Java language. I never worked with it, but I think I will in the near future. You even have the PPP protocol which is I think a dial up protocol, to work with serial devices like modems and stuff. If you just want to send data through the ethernet network you can work with sockets. The price of TINIm and TINIs is about 100 US dollars.

Regards.

Equinox has hubs and pci cards that allow you to control serial ports remotely trough a lan. May be they could help you. Have a look at www.equinox.com :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back