Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD Capture: WARNING: [DRC0006] Net has fewer than two co

Status
Not open for further replies.

System.out

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
net has fewer than two connections

Hello,

Using OrCAD Capture 10.5, i get this warning...
Code:
WARNING:  [DRC0006]  
Net has fewer than two connections
VCC
VCC is a global net, power. And VCC has other connections, but on other sheets, not on this one.
Any idea on how could i get rid of that warn?

Thanks

drc0006

This happens if you are not using PWR symbol or if you have invisible PWR pin on a device at that page.

Regards,

M

net has fewer than two connections

I have a visible power pin. And i use a PWR symbol... :-/

But thanks, i'll check it out.

net has fewer than two connections vcc

Change all the pins to passive ,i think it will work .

orcad net has fewer than two connections

You either need to use a power symbol for VCC or to make off-page connectors on every page that has VCC net. (This problem have been discussed recently on **broken link removed**.)[/url]

warning: [drc0006]

off page connectors is a good choice but try to find out in each and every component that is there any invisible power pin that can aslo cause this error

net has fewer than two connections vcc

WARNING: [DRC0006]
Net has fewer than two connections
VCC

This normally happens when you have assigned offpage or net alias or some signal name to any pin and it does not connect anywhere than you get this kind of error

pb net has fewer than two connections

Yes V_kumar is correct, you just need to find out the other point to which this net VCC has to be connected. Check out if you are using other name for power like 3.3V, etc and forgot to connect the particular pin to that net. Note that when ever a pin is assigned to power group, in capture the name is taken as net name if any alternate net name is not provided.

Re: OrCAD Capture: WARNING: [DRC0006] Net has fewer than tw

i have only one schematic and no off-page connector,but i have two power nets,one is V5.0,another is V3.3,and the DRC warning is also the same as you,why??

Re: OrCAD Capture: WARNING: [DRC0006] Net has fewer than tw

THis error happens when there is no connection of power net.......in ur board u will have ur input power coming in........ connect that power to V5.0 using power symbol..
then from there use power connector use the name as V5.0

same procedure use for v3.3

Simple : use 2 or more power symbol or dont use power symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back