Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing AT89C51 microcontroller with keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

calabala

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
keypad interfacing with microcontroller

Hi everyone,
i'm making a small project, it is a personal database like the one of the mobile. anyway, i'm using AT89C51 microcontroller but i don't know how to make the interface between it & a keypad....I need the hardware circuit diagram & software program (prefered to be c++ or c#)....
So, can anyone help me or send anything that may help me ?!!
Thanks alot

keypad interfacing microcontroller

Can you show how much work have you done or where you are getting problem exactly ?

Refer Ayala. I think similar example is given and well explained

microcontroller keypad

i have a similar problem....
in datasheet written:
The AT89C51RD2/ED2 implements a keyboard interface allowing the connection of a 8 x n matrix keyboard.........
but i not found schematics or app-notes for this....
how i can to connect 8 x 16 matrix keypad for-example?
i want to use port P1 and 3 special function registers:
KBLS, the Keyboard Level Selection register,
KBE, the Keyboard interrupt Enable register, and
KBF, the Keyboard Flag register........

interfacing keypad with microcontroller

You can look in the
"8051 Microcontroller Architecture, Programming & Applications"
Book by Kenneth Ayla.

It has a schematic and code for keypad using 8051.

I am sure you can find the book just by searching this forum, the book is everywhere on the internet. If not, ask in the ebook request forum.

Good Luck

interfacing of keypad with microcontroller

ctownsend said:
You can look in the
"8051 Microcontroller Architecture, Programming & Applications"
Book by Kenneth Ayla.

It has a schematic and code for keypad using 8051.

I am sure you can find the book just by searching this forum, the book is everywhere on the internet. If not, ask in the ebook request forum.

Good Luck

thnx...
but problem is not solved....

in datasheet written:
The AT89C51RD2/ED2 implements a keyboard interface allowing the connection of a 8 x n matrix keyboard.........
but i not found schematics or app-notes for this....
how i can to connect 8 x 16 matrix keypad for-example?
i want to use port P1 and 3 special function registers:
KBLS, the Keyboard Level Selection register,
KBE, the Keyboard interrupt Enable register, and
KBF, the Keyboard Flag register........

interfacing keypad with 8051

go to protus software and read the practical sample

keypad microcontroller

carrier said:
go to protus software and read the practical sample

link?
it is a solution for my problem?

sms keypad interfacing with microcontroller

if you want to use the 8X16 matrix keypad, you can connect the eight pin of P1 to the row common of the matrix and the P3 can connect to the coloumn of the matrix, but because of the P3 has only 8 bit, you need one more port to connect the rest 8 bit of coloumn.., i hope can solve your problem

The programming is so simple, just low the logic of row/ coloumn and check whether the row/coloumn is forced low. check one by one by lowing in the sequential routines...

**broken link removed**
this link might be useful for keypad interfacing with 8051 microcontroller

Could you search for the same topic here?
You could find many threads related to your topic. Select from it what you want. If you are still having doubt post here. We'll help you as far as we can.
Regards,
Jerin. ;-)

Hi. im intrfacing a keypad with 89c51. in the code I first made all the rows low and detected the column and after that the row is detected by sequentially delivering 0 logic to the rows. but the output is always for the 1st row even if a press a button from the 2nd row. Can any body help me plzz.

thanks guys for being enthusiasts of your careers, i have never met this forum before , i was just in hiphop, i am a rapper and i work for sabmiller as a process artisan, i am enthusiastic to find out about microcontrollers and would like some help to get started , i need to know where i can by microcontrollers or electronic intergrated circuits around johannesburg . preferably near germiston so i can get full contact of using them rather than just admire them. by the way i work with allen bradly plc at alrode sabmiller and i would like download sites to download the simulators since i dont have the physical equipment...please email me at uthongo@gmail.com , so that i can enjoy using these admirable miniature devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.