Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I use several windows fonts on Protel 99se or 2.7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leilarazavi2000

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
protel fonts

Hi

how can I use several windows font on protel 99se or 2.7 ?

tnx

If you mean that you want to use Windows fonts to put text on a PCB layer - you can't. Protel only allows text to be the Default font, Serif, or Sans Serif.

While you can't use windows fonts on a PCB, you can use Windows fonts on schematics. When you are placing a text box, hit 'TAB' and the properties window will pop up. Look for FONT>Change, and the menu of available fonts will pop up.

protel and powerpcb can't suppot the font on the gerber level

FONTS

You CAN modify standard fonts - they are stored in standard (?) *.BGI format. When You use TurboPascal from Borland You know what I mean ... On the net You can find BGI Font editor to modify or create Your own fonts. Some times ago I create fonts with Polish national characters - they are working fine. Don't be afraid that files with new fonts ( created with BGI Fontedit ) are bigger than standard files - Protel 99SE works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back