Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulating common-mode feedback loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerjiang

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i have designed a folded-cascoded amplifier with sc cmfb
someone tell me that the bandwidth of common-mode loop is comparable to the bandwidth of differential-mode loop for the amplifier's stabilitation, it's right?
how do i simulate the bandwidth of common-mode loop?
thanks advanced!

I have designed a CMFB with less bandwidth than OPAMP,but it's stable.
is your circuit complete?
the ocm signal in the pic didn't connect to the loop.

renwl said:
I have designed a CMFB with less bandwidth than OPAMP,but it's stable.
is your circuit complete?
the ocm signal in the pic didn't connect to the loop.

i mean that the bw of cm-loop may be less than the dm-loop', but it can't be too less
and in fact, the differential amplifier is a two-stage amplifier, the first stage is folded-cascoded, and the second stage is a class a outstage. the feedback signal of sc-cmfb circuit vc is feeded through a inversion stage.

Dear friend,
you have uploaded a FC opamp but then you said your opamp is a two stage one;
however, if your opamp is two stage I suggest to use two seperate SC CMFB network for each stage (not to need sign inversion).
but to understand how to measure CMFB loop stability specs. I refer you to read chapter 12 of Gray & Hurst's book on CMFB. they used one of their refernces to measure.
Hope to be useful!

Regards,
SAZ

zabihian said:
Dear friend,
you have uploaded a FC opamp but then you said your opamp is a two stage one;
however, if your opamp is two stage I suggest to use two seperate SC CMFB network for each stage (not to need sign inversion).
but to understand how to measure CMFB loop stability specs. I refer you to read chapter 12 of Gray & Hurst's book on CMFB. they used one of their refernces to measure.
Hope to be useful!

Regards,
SAZ

in fact, my another opamp's 2nd stage is a class ab, so maybe i can't use the 2nd sc cmfb

i will read Gray's book, thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.