Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measure video amplitude (PAL or NTSC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkdelabaca

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

Somebody know like measuring the amplitude of the video signal (PAL or NTSC) using discreet components ?

Regards!

Do you want to measure video signals from the bottom of sync pulses to the top of peaks (above white) or just the video signal without sync pulses, as shown on the attached picture ..

Regards,
IanP

To measure parameters of video signal you need oscilloscope or what is better a Waveform monitor which is actually special video oscilloscope. It has built in video filters by which you can measure lumunance and crominance components separatelly. It is built for one TV standard only. Tektronix VM700 is intended for such measurements.

I need measure only the sync pulses because depending if the image is black or white I can read diferent values. I need make an AGC of video.

Regards!

hello!

I suppose that it is difficult measure the synchronisms. I will try to measure voltage peak to peak of the video signal. Somebody knows a circuit to measure it?
I believe that the best solution is use op amps.

Thanks for your answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.