Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

realization of sqrt(A^2+B^2) function using cmoscircuits-urg

Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh_eda

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anybody provide me the ieee papers or information on how to implement the sqrt(A^2+B^2) function using cmos circuits (if A=Vcosx and B=Vsinx)

Re: realization of sqrt(A^2+B^2) function using cmoscircuits

Sorry I do not have a paper reference. For me it is simple to straight develop circuits from written specs.

Proposed circuit:

1. Use the square priniple of MOS
2. Because you use a bipolar (cos,sin) as input you need to bias two MOS for each cos or sin. The bias should be near subthreshold and the device should be long channnel to get good square law.
3. The input should be cos, -cos, sin, -sin to four devices total. The output signal is the drain current of all four.
4. To get the square root there is a simple trick. You have to mirror the drain current of the four MOS. The 4:1 mirror output is feed to the drain of a MOS connected as diode. The voltage difference to the threshold bias point is your wanted squareroot.

Vola

Hi vola...Could you pl. explain some more in detail....how to implement the 4:1

I don't know if I understood correctly but how are we getting rid of the Vth square terms?

Status
Not open for further replies.