Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with designing a reference voltage (-88.25 mV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan07

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
reference voltage

hi
i want to design a reference voltage = -88.25 mV with high accuracy. using low cost components.

reference voltage

no i dont mean i adc circuit. i just simply want to make ciruit tht gives me a negative voltage 0f fixed value -88.25 mV ,so that further i can feed this to my circuitry.

Re: reference voltage

Chetan07 said:
hi
i want to design a reference voltage = -88.25 mV .

What about the standard reference voltage and operational amplifier with a fractional gain, inverting configuration?
The circuit can have high input resistance (or very high if the additional op ampl. separate the reference voltage and inverter input) and low output resistance. For sure it should have a better performance than simple R/R divider.
Of course you should select devices with the low thermal drift.

wht refrence voltage and other opamp satge u talking abt. i simply need a circuit to generate -88.25mV aqnd nothing else. so please answer accordingly

Chetan07 said:
i simply need a circuit to generate -88.25mV aqnd nothing else.

There are no 88,25mV reference voltage devices.

You have to use "standard" reference voltage.
I do not remember the type but there is a range of devices that can give stable voltages about 1V (there are also a good reference zener diodes at 7V range).

To get 88,25 mV you should either :
1. supply a reference voltage device from -U and use a R/R divider , (not all reference voltage can be supplied from negative , but many of them are two terminal devices (like zener diode) abd can give positive or negative reference).
2. apply 1V at the the operational amplifier input with the gain about minus 1/11 (calculate the proper factor yourself) and at the amplifier output you will get what you are looking for.

I do not have a scanner , so I can not enclose a achematic diagram. sorry.

you can design your reference in the current mode,
there are so many reference papers introducing this kind of referece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back