Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a simulation on Cadence using .mod files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecomm

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spectre model

Hi all,
I am very new to cadence, I am using IC5.1.41,How can I put model files ( *.mod) for MOSFETs, I have a .mod file and I want to make simulation on cadence.

I knew there are SPICE models and Spectre models which may differ a little, I think the one I am having is SPICE model simply because I could use it in Orcad, is this right? now, how can I use this model in cadence??

please help. thanks.

model files for spectre

In ADE ( Analog Design Environment ) under "Setup" toolbar, there will be "Model Libraries". Put them your model files at here.(the path of your files)
SPICE model file is a little bit different than spctre but you can create also spectre modle files by hand.

Re: model files for spectre

Hi,

You can try using the spice model library in spectre by adding this to your spice model library and using the +csfe command option in spectre:

library name_of_library

section name_of_section
simulator lang=spice

.model.......}spice model
+...
+...

simulator lang=spectre
endsection name_of_section

endlibrary

Re: model files for spectre

YOu can converter the spice model to the spectre model.
You can refer the manual of the cadence for the details.
There is a chapter which discusses the differences between
spice model and spectre's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back