Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

References about clock designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarit_g_t

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone suggest me some good reference materials on Clock designs???

Re: Clock design

What is your specition?
sarit_g_t said:
Can someone suggest me some good reference materials on Clock designs???

Clock design

I dont have any particular specs. I need to learn it as I am going to be working on clock design in the near future and I do not have much idea of the area

Clock design

Look throught the app notes on Freescale. Microchip, Atmel, they also have a development boards, so you can start your development wisout waiting for the hardware

Re: Clock design

The simplest way to produce a clock signal is to use 555 timer. it comes in a small IC package, now it might be primitive but it works. From my experience if you want 5V clock signal, power the chip with 6.5 V ( conformed with Pspice) below i am going to give you couple of websites that will give you an idea.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed** <- this website also offers a program that will help you chose resistor and capacitor values to control output signal.

**broken link removed** <- another site with prog for download

This i think is the most basic way to create clock signal, you can also use two bjts to make oscillator or you may look for ICs that are more sophisticated. This should help if it is the clock i tihnk you're talking about :D

Status
Not open for further replies.