Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MIT Professor puts his life on the line to show his faith in

Status
Not open for further replies.

azaz104

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
watch the last 4 minutes of lecture 11 on this website to see this daring experiment
by this professor who is famous for his method of teaching physics.
**broken link removed**
if you browse this professor's lectures you will find many other fascinating moments...

Re: MIT Professor puts his life on the line to show his fait

This is not a hard problem and the solution shows that the period = 2*Pi*(L/g)^0.5, which clearly says that the period does not depend on the mass. Why does he have to do that? What if the rope gets loose? AM I missing something?

I thought the same thing myself, but i think his fervor and zeal deserve applauding!

you know, many will die for what they love!

hi,
I basically think that many institutions need this type of lecturers who not only teach something but should be able to prove it and show its practical application. Teachers are not just graded by their knowledge but its their mode of communication of that knowledge to students that is to be considered.
long live the lecturer...........
happy learning.........

hi all
i must salute them for this devotion
what else could we do that give them more
respect ..

those mit students are lucky to have such a prof.

i may try it myself

WTF! When I was a young boy we did pendulum equations at school now they teach it at MIT! We also found that the period was almost independent of the amplitude - which I found much more interesting.

A mathmatician, a physicist, and an engineer were all given a red rubber ball and told to find the volume.
The mathmatician carefully measured the diameter and evaluated a triple integral.
The physicist filled a beaker with water, put the ball in the water, and measured the total displacement.
The engineer looked up the model and serial numbers in his red-rubber-ball table.

Great lecturere!.
That is how you should love your subject>That is the faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back