Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guidlines for integrating digital aswell as analog blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3034585

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
I want to intergrate PLL layout thus i have some questions regarding it.
Pll is having digital as well as analog blocks and the digital is working in high frequency in the range of Giga Hz. So can you pls tell wht all guidlines i should follow while intergrating these blocks in layout. The technology is 90nano and as everybody is aware that 90nano has a huge leakage factor.

thus can anyone pls tell wht all guidlines or tips should be followed while doing layout intergartion of blocks like these.

Thanks & Regards.
tama

Re: guidlines for integrating digital aswell as analog block

try to put the digital part apart from analog
use substrate ties and gard rings arround the analog and digital parts

separte the supply pin DVDD , AVDD

khouly

Ensure the digital signal line don't cross the analog line. If needed, ensure it is properly shield with ground plane. Or else you may see spur, which is cause by your reference frequency of the PLL on your VCO output. The best is separate the analog power line for different circuit as well. Star connected it only at the pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back