Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me figure out a controller IC for LCM(LCD Module) 1602

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabasir

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.
A friend of mine delivered a LCM(LCD Module) to me,type is 1602.but i haven't gotten its datasheet,also my friend doesn't have any ways to resolve.

I have examined it with multimeter,and got some informations,look its picture:
1=R1 left,2=J1=squareness pad,3=R5 right,7=K,8=A
R2 left=R3 left,R4 left=R5 left,and the four all link to IC
R1 right=R2 right,R3 right=R4 right,all of R1——R6 these 6 resistances' right side link to IC.
Without question,the mode of this LCM is serial interface.But any detail is have to be knowned.No way to get more info except to help by someone have experience.
Depend on these info,I guess the pins of this LCM is follow this:
1:VDD +power supply ;be sured
2:VSS - ;be sured
3:VL Vci -generate LCD drive voltage
4:RS/CS chip selection ,low access enable
5:SID serial data input
6:SCLK serial clock input;serial clock cycle time:
7:K - ;be sured
8:A + ;be sured

I ever consider that its control IC is KS0074(rename S6A0074,produce by Samsung) ,but i was failed in try.

The most importance is to know its control IC.Anyone could offer info about serial interface control IC of LCM?
Thank you.Excuse for my poor Engish.

lcd1602 datasheet

This LCD uses like controller the KS0065. This controller is compatible with the HD44780 (Hitachi's microcontroller for LCDs)

lcm 1602 datasheet

heres the datasheets

1602 lcd datasheet

Tnks for giving directions.
I have searched datasheet of KS0065 in google,but I found KS0065 doesn't support serial interface mode,only 8-bit interface and 4-bit interface.

1602 lcd

you can try splc780 as the control unit.

lcm1602 datasheet

thanks kovic.
"There are two kinds of data operations - one is 4-bit operations, the other is 8-bit operations."(from:page 16,datasheet of splc780)

clearly,this controller also doesn't support serial interface.

lcm 1602

well as i know lcd modules are generally use parallel communication. manufacturerers make them serial by using registers inside the module. may be this is the reason why the controllers supports parallel communication. they take the data serially and then a serial to parallel register makes it parallel inside the module.
this is what i know about serial lcd modules.

lcd 1602

That's right,such as controller KS0074,this chip has all three kinds interface type with MPU: serial, 4-bit bus and 8-bit bus.The same as you say,there is a serial to parallel register in the chip,but this register not simply as the same as 74164,we need to know serial communication rule before use serial interface LCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back