Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB layout software for SD/MMC card socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

kar2on

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PCB board Design

I recently purchased an SD / MMC card socket. But I can't seem find a PCB layouut software that has them. It's areally odd shaped MMC socket in that the pins are UNEQUALLY spaced, and lie beneath where you insert the MMC card. I was wondering is it possible to use standard PCB software to draw the board and the later fill it up manually (by pencil) on the print out. If it isn't possible anyone know any PCB software which has this components in the library.

I tried Eagle with the yamaichi, but it only has the Sd/MMC socket with the pins at the front and not beneath the card.

Thankx.

Re: PCB board Design

Any good pcb program will let you design a new part with the footprint you need.

Get the datasheet of the part and learn to build new library footprint in protel or pads. They are the most widely used software.

PCB board Design

in altium website You can search Footprint code.

even in OrCAD 9.2 you can create new footprints using library manager after obtaining the details from the datasheet.

regards

PCB board Design

get the datasheet and design the footprint by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back