Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gain peaks of per-stage in multistage mmic PA design

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxsidou

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, i'm simulating 4 stage GaAs mmic amplifier in ads. the overall gain is good and the overall stability k>1 across the whole band. the strange thing is that if i calculate the gain of per stage, there are many gain peaks as shown in the figure. so what are these gain peaks? they affect the stability? can they be ignored since the overall stability k>1?many thanks for your any idea. gain peaks.pngschematic.png

I don't think These transistors have no accurate model beyond 20 GHz, so they are extrapolated Gain ( or whatsoever ) by the simulator.

I don't think These transistors have no accurate model beyond 20 GHz, so they are extrapolated Gain ( or whatsoever ) by the simulator.

thank you very much, BigBoss. I agree with you since some peaks of the single stage are far greater than the transistor's MAX GAIN and how do you think this is possibly related to the inner-resonance or something about resonance? Look forward to your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back