Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to calculate ib of PNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tronicman

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys,
i would be thankful if you help me to find how to calculate ib of this PNP ?? Capture.PNG

Hi,

hard to say without values. I guess 300 uA.

No - joke aside.

do you really want us to go give you a mathematical solution for all cases you can think of?
* DC, what range?
* AC, what frequency, amplitude
* What values of the parts?

some approches for DC cases: (for DC cases you may omit C1)
* when V_IN is about 5V7 --> no current flow through D1, R2, R1 --> Ib is about zero.

* when V_IN < (5V7 - D1_forward_voltage) ... (= when D1 becomes conductive) calculate: V_R1 = (5V7 - V_in - V_d1) * R1 / (R1 + R2)
* now you have some new cases:
.. * when V_R1 < V_BE_th: then ib is about zero
.. * When V_R1 > V_BE_th: then consider V_R1 is about V_BE. Calculate I_R1. calculate anew I_R2, the difference between both is Ib.

It all depends a lot on device types, temperature and so on.

Why don´t you do just an LtSpice simulation?

Klaus

hello klaus,
sorry for the messing informations, for Vin it is varies from 0v to 2,5v and for R1=3320ohm and R2=510ohm, thank you for your answer,

thank you for your answer, about I_R2 is it equal to ((5V7-V_in-v_d1)*R2/R1+R2)/R2??

Last edited:

Hi

thank you for your answer, about I_R2 is it equal to ((5V7-V_in-v_d1)*R2/R1+R2)/R2??
you missed the brackets:
((5V7-V_in-v_d1)*R2/(R1+R2))/R2
then you may simplify it:
--> ((5V7-V_in-v_d1)*R2/(R1+R2))/R2
--> (5V7-V_in-v_d1)/(R1+R2)
(simple Ohm´s law: I = V / R)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor