Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] LM741 Amplifier not working with IR2110 IC [PROTUES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

loompa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im trying to amplify arduino output for Mosfet gate driver, but whenever I connect to Output terminal to amplifier the HI pin doesnot accept amplifier output idk why. But when I connect arduino directly with the HI pin, the small flash light about it blinks and it shows output too. Also when I connect amplifier with a voltmeter, its shows the input is amplified but it doesnt work with HI pin when i connect to it.Please help me determine the issue here. Circuit shown below.

Screenshot (81).png

With the above value at VDD of IR2110, the HIN pin allows input varying from approximately 0v to 12v, but the 741 has differential supplies ranging from -10v to +10v.

I think you'd be much better off with a simple level-shifter
logic gate (believe IR2110 accepts standard 5V "TTL" inputs).

Op amp like 741 will have very slow output slew rate and
there might be some issues with that. Driving a "100nS"
part with a "10uS" risetime is asking for trouble especially
when you have close-coupled, high dV/dt, high dI/dt
goings-on. Although Schmitt inputs are depicted, there
is no mention of attributes (hysteresis, or min input dV/dt
or max risetime).

Hi,

The arduino output is "digital", and so is the IR2110 input.
But the Opamp is an "analog" circuit.
Don't mix analog and digital this way.

The circuit simply is not suitable.

Why do you try to re invent the wheel (while you don't have the knowledge for it ) ... why don't you use one of the thousands (or millions) proven circuits you can find here in the forum and in the internet?

The most reliable informations with a lot of explanations ( in datasheets, application notes) you will find at the semiconductor manufacturers.
For example they tell you what capacitors and diodes to use (and why not to use electrolytics capacitors and 1N4007)

Klaus

The design fault is to connect VDD to 12V, with 5V supply, the IR2110 logic inputs can be driven by processor signals directly.

Hi,
what is the maximum duty cycle of the drive signal from arduino?
first you have to turn on the low side MOSFET in order allow the bootstrap capacitor to charge and then only it will work properly.

Something between 95 and 99%. There's no big advantage of increasing it above 95%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back