Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in driving DC motor from opamp and Transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugandha123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to drive a DC motor with an opamp and transistor but facing a problem. The problem is that after running for a just little while, the motor comes to a halt.

I have tested the motors and all motors are working fine but with my circuit they are rotating partially.

Few days back, with my circuit all motors were rotating 360 degree but suddenly due to unknown reason , motors are rotating partially.

Please help and let me know how to resolve this. I have attached the circuit
Circuit.png

We see lots of named signals but not where they connect up to.

Please tell us where the node names are linked to, especially the Motor1, M1_DET1 and M1_DET2 signals and how is/are the motors connected to the driver transistors. From what I can make out, there is no bias on the bottom row of transistors and even if there was, the base resistor may be too high to allow saturation.

What is the motor rating?

Brian.

I am trying to RCA of that circuit.
Motor rating- 24V

M1 DET1 denotes over current
M1_DET2 denotes lower current

Makes no sense. How's the motor connected to the circuit?

Hi,

I am trying to RCA of that circuit.
What does that mean? Especially RCA?

Motor rating- 24V
If you expect help, then you should provide a little more infirmation.

Or do you think we should guess what´s the motor current rating..

We don´t even know if you talk about a brushed DC motor, a BLDC, a stepper ot what else type of motor.
We don´t know motor connection
And we don´t know if you talk about one single motor with many connections or are there many motors?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.