Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to design switching circuit for bright and dim led 12V strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangyunmei

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I need some assistance to design a 12volt circuit to switch lighting in the cabin of an ambulance. Basically when the main lights are on, both LED strips are illuminated, however when the 'dim' button pressed, it will need to switch the brightest strip off but keep dim strip on. The set up is a 3 wire system, common -VE return with 2 + 12 volt feeds one for bright one for dim.

I know I will need some kind of switching circuit that will switch power off from bright strip when the dim button is pressed and power is fed through the dim wire but not sure how to create this. Can anyone help with a diagram and parts list??

Thanks

Re: Help to design circuit

The simple method is a 3-position rocker switch or toggle switch or rotary switch. There is also the single push-button which goes bright-dim-off with successive presses.

SPST switches are easy to obtain and you can install two switches, but if I were the operator I would flip the wrong one half the time.

I haven't tested that yet, however the strips have built in resistor [moderator action: removed link] protection for each LED and, at present they are just fed directly from the 12 volt supply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back