Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have a few of questions on an RF amplifier design

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatefast08

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The questions below are in regards to an amplifier design shown below in the image and on slide 3 on the website: https://www.slideserve.com/liam/stub-tuner-matched-rf-amplifiers

Why does the input of the amplifier have the stub feeding into the bias resistor network, I thought its suppose to go to ground? My guess would be that its convenient, since it would take up less space and will obey the superposition principle?

Why couldn't have they used DC blocking capacitors before the transmission lines instead of after, couldn't that have kept them from having to use a bypass capacitor at the stub of the output?

How would you tell if this is a PA or and LNA?

stub-tuner-matched-rf-amplifier-n.jpg

I think this schematic is theoretical and designed only for educational purpose.
Printed stub tuners are used for high frequencies, greater than about 800MHz.
The entire schematic use for DC blocking and for decoupling only 0.1uF capacitors, which are totally useless at high frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back