Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capturing a single clear frame using composite input in DE1-Soc

Status
Not open for further replies.

smbasim

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using a reverse camera plugged in to composite input. I want a single frame for analysis and a clear one. Since it is a CCD sensor, it should capture all the pixels at once. Which should give a clear image. But i am only getting a blurry image. I also using the Video-in IP core and control bits to do that. Is there any way so i can get a clear image ?

PS : I am capturing moving objects

It's not clear.
How are you reading the image from the camera to the FPGA?
Where are you trying to show this image?
Why do you mention that you're there're moving objects? Does it work without blur on a still scene and the blur occurs only when objects move?

I am reading the image using ADV7123 video converter, And i am using an IP core from Qsys to get the input from reverse camera. i am storing this image into SDRAM, and i am viewing it through VGA port. What i meant by moving object is that the camera stays still but moving objects in a convey belt is taken. When i see as a video it has no any problem. But when i pick just one frame from the video stream, it is not clear.

I am an undergraduate student, I don't have much experience is this. Sorry if i am explaining things wrongly!

I am reading the image using ADV7123 video converter, And i am using an IP core from Qsys to get the input from reverse camera. i am storing this image into SDRAM, and i am viewing it through VGA port. What i meant by moving object is that the camera stays still but moving objects in a convey belt is taken. When i see as a video it has no any problem. But when i pick just one frame from the video stream, it is not clear.

I am an undergraduate student, I don't have much experience is this. Sorry if i am explaining things wrongly!
Is it a reference design or something you designed yourself ?

You cant read video through a ADV7123. Its a high speed DAC. Looks like your board has an ADV7180 video decoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back