Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Waveguide Part Identification Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveguy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I have been looking all over online at what this piece could possibly be without any success. It appears to be a WR90 flange but the channel is smaller, rotated and filled with a white, hard substance. The channel is rotated about 30° in one direction on one side and about 30° in the opposite direction on the other.

On one side of it are the etched words "IN" and "OUT" identifying the top and bottom.
On the other sides are words in black spray and later covered with marker that say:
RAYTHEON
MODEL IXL7
SERIAL 1762

I got this piece in a box of odds and ends and am just really curious to know its function. Did this perhaps come out of Raytheon? Any ideas out there? Thanks

DSCN1345.jpg

I got this piece in a box of odds and ends and am just really curious to know its function.
A scaled photograph of both faces would help to clarify a few better, but at a glance it seems to be just a waveguide twist, which is a device designed to rotate the microwave from the original orientation of the dominant mode of transmission to the desired angle with the lowest reflection rate as possible.

due to the fact that it is slanted at a 45 degree angle, i would guess it is some very custom part, most likely for an antenna to receiver connection.
Also since it says in/out...it is either a ferrite isolator OR a receiver protector (limiter diodes inside). If you can measure the insterson loss, and if it is <1 dB in one direction, and >15 dB in the other direction, it is a ferrite isolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back