Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current draw from different vendor batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a simple question related to coin cell battery.

I was testing our circuit with different vendor batteries. Specifications of both batteries are same (Volt:3V and capacity:345mAh). While testing I observed one thing, Avg. current of circuit is different in batteries. Our circuit consumes avg. current of max.12uA. But with one battery its around 15uA and with other one 13uA.

Is there a possibility to happen like this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

With DC urrent at the same sourc voltage there should be no difference.
But with pulsed current there may be a difference, because different batteries may have different impedance at the used frequencies.
--> try a 1uF ceramics capacitor (rated at least 10V) at the input of your application.

Klaus

Maybe the battery that provides 15uA is newer so its 3V is actually 3.2V and the battery that provides only 13uA is older and is actually 2.9V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back